REDWOOD, TEXAS. Redwood is on Cottonwood Creek and Farm Road 1978, seventeen miles north of Seguin in northern Guadalupe County. A post office was in operation from 1895 to 1906. In 1904 Redwood had three one-teacher schools for ninety-one students. The schools had been incorporated into the San Marcos district by the 1950s. In 1980 and 1990 the population was 400. In 2000 the population was 3,586.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "REDWOOD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnr19), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.