OAK RIDGE, TX (FANNIN COUNTY)
OAK RIDGE, TEXAS (Fannin County). Oak Ridge is on Farm Road 1550 fourteen miles southeast of Bonham in southeastern Fannin County. The community began under the leadership of Arthur McFarland, S. D. Johnston, and Joel T. Hulsey, who served as trustees for a land purchase on June 19, 1874. The first thing built on the land was a cemetery. In 1879 a school and church building were added. The school eventually dissolved, and area students attended classes within the Bonham Independent School District. In 1992 a Church of Christ and a cemetery remained; at that time no one lived at the site, but farms were scattered throughout the area. In 2000 the population was ninety.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Kelly Pigott, "OAK RIDGE, TX (FANNIN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnolj), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.