NORTH STAR, TX
NORTH STAR, TEXAS. North Star is a tiny rural community located at the junction of U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 1954 in northeastern Archer County about five miles southeast of Wichita Falls. Farmers settled the area by the 1890s and established North Star School in 1898. Area families included the Sturms, Krulls, Jentschs, Bradleys, and Claers. North Star was located in the heart of the Vogtsberger Oil Field in the 1930s. The school closed in 1943. During the late twentieth century the community was still shown on maps, but in 2000 North Star had only four residents.
Jack Loftin, Trails Through Archer (Burnet, Texas: Nortex, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "NORTH STAR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnn47), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.