War Department orders surveys for Indian reservations
On this day in 1854, the U.S. War Department ordered Randolph B. Marcy, in conjunction with Indian agent Robert S. Neighbors, to locate and survey land for Indian reservations in unsettled territory...(Read More)
MEADOW GROVE, TEXAS. Meadow Grove is on Farm Road 2601 fifteen miles northwest of Temple in northern Bell County. In the 1940s it had two churches and a few scattered houses. The community reported ten residents from 1970 through 2000, and one church marked its location on county highway maps in the late 1980s.
Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.