GOOD SPRINGS, TX
GOOD SPRINGS, TEXAS. Good Springs (Goodsprings) is one mile southeast of U.S. Highway 79 and ten miles southwest of Henderson in southwestern Rusk County. Before 1839, when the Cherokees were driven out of East Texas, a Cherokee village named Good Springs was near the site. At one time a community at the site was known as Lick-Skillet. In the 1940s the population in Good Springs was twenty-five, and in 1990 it was twenty-one. By 2000 the population was forty.
Dorman H. Winfrey, A History of Rusk County (Waco: Texian, 1961).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "GOOD SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng19), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.