GLAZE CITY, TX
GLAZE CITY, TEXAS. Glaze City is on Ranch Road 443 in eastern Gonzales County. The site was named for a man involved in the promotion of the community when it was started in 1926. Initially a gin and a store were established at the settlement. In 1933 Glaze City's population was recorded at ten. That number had grown to ninety by the mid-1940s but thereafter declined sharply, so that by 1989 the community consisted of only ten inhabitants and a community hall. The population remained at ten in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "GLAZE CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng09), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.