ECLETO, TX (KARNES COUNTY)
ECLETO, TEXAS (Karnes County). Ecleto is at the intersection of Farm Road 627 and Dry Ecleto Creek, about six miles southeast of Gillett in northern Karnes County. In 1921, Walter G. Riedel and others built a cooperative store and cotton gin there to serve the surrounding farm community. A post office opened in the store in 1921. The store closed in 1971, but the post office continued until June 30, 1987, when it was converted into a neighborhood delivery and collection-box unit. In 1990 Ecleto was a dispersed farming community with a population of about twenty-five. In 2000 the population was twenty-two.
Robert H. Thonhoff, History of Karnes County (M.A. thesis, Southwest Texas State College, 1963).