BAILEYBORO, TEXAS. Baileyboro, on Farm Road 298 in south central Bailey County, was settled around 1900. In 1921 the community built a school. Muleshoe National Wildlife Refuge, a migratory bird refuge, was established in 1935 southwest of Baileyboro. In 1940 the community had three stores, a school, and a population of 100, which was its peak. In 1980 the population was sixty-one.
LaVonne McKillip, ed., Early Bailey County History (Muleshoe, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BAILEYBORO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnb01), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.