POST OAK BEND, TX
POST OAK BEND, TEXAS. Post Oak Bend is on a narrow strip of Farm Road 987 and several intersecting roads just north of Kaufman in central Kaufman County. The first school there was erected in 1886, on land patented to Mary Galbraith in 1841. Before 1886 the community had no name. The school was named Post Oak Bend for the large post oaks on the site. In 1909 a new school was constructed on land donated by J. C. Rogers, and in 1930 the third Post Oak Bend school was erected. The school was consolidated with the Kaufman school in 1947. The town of Post Oak Bend was incorporated in March 1979. The community had a population of 878 in 1980, but by 1990 it had declined to 264 residents. Post Oak Bend cemetery is northeast of the town limits. In 2000 the population was 404.
Kaufman County Historical Commission, History of Kaufman County (Dallas: Taylor, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Randolph B. Campbell, "POST OAK BEND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlplb), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.