PALMHURST, TEXAS. Palmhurst is on State Highway 107 and Farm Road 1924, four miles north of Mission in southwestern Hidalgo County. The town was incorporated in 1966, and its population was estimated at 200 in 1968. In 1990 Palmhurst was a dispersed rural community with a population of 326. By 2000 the population grew to 4,872.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "PALMHURST, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlpau), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.