DITTLINGER, TEXAS. Dittlinger, on the Missouri Pacific Railroad four miles southwest of New Braunfels in southeastern Comal County, originated in 1907 as a company town when H. Dittlinger established a lime kiln there. A rock-crushing plant was added to supply materials for highway construction. Dittlinger built low-rent homes for his employees and established a school. In 1934 the property was sold to the United States Gypsum Company. The population of Dittlinger grew from twenty-five at the end of World War II to a reported 171 in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "DITTLINGER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hld26), accessed May 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.