LOCKHART STATE PARK
LOCKHART STATE PARK. Lockhart State Park is 263 acres on Farm Road 20 three miles southwest of Lockhart in west central Caldwell County. The state of Texas purchased the land from Henry Masur on December 14, 1934. The park facilities were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps between 1935 and 1938 and leased to a local country club until 1948; after 1948 the area was operated as a state park. The park offers facilities for camping, swimming, fishing, and picnicking, as well as a rodeo arena and a nine-hole golf course.
Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LOCKHART STATE PARK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/gkl16), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.