JOHN HENRY KIRBY STATE FOREST
JOHN HENRY KIRBY STATE FOREST. John Henry Kirby State Forest is a 626-acre forest off U.S. Highway 287, fourteen miles south of Woodville in Tyler County. It was donated to the state by lumberman John Henry Kirby in 1929. The forest is used primarily for research and can be used by the public for picnicking only. The Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University receives all the revenues from the forest for its student-loan programs.
Texas State Travel Guide (Austin: State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, 1992).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Erika Murr, "JOHN HENRY KIRBY STATE FOREST," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/gkjam), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.