MCNEEL, GEORGE WASHINGTON
MCNEEL, GEORGE WASHINGTON (?–?). George W. McNeel, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists and Brazoria County farmer, was a partner and brother of John G. McNeel. The two received title to a half sitio of land each in what is now Brazoria County on August 10, 1824. In 1838 a certificate for one-half league was issued to McNeel's widow, Elizabeth.
Lester G. Bugbee, "The Old Three Hundred: A List of Settlers in Austin's First Colony," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association 1 (October 1897). Louis Wiltz Kemp Papers, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."MCNEEL, GEORGE WASHINGTON," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fmcaa), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.