DAYTON'S ROAD. Dayton's Road was built around 1834 and was the first road from Jonesborough to the Sulphur Fork prairies southeast of Clarksville.
Sallie M. Lentz, "Highlights of Early Harrison County," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 61 (October 1957). Rex W. Strickland, Anglo-American Activities in Northeastern Texas, 1803–1845 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carolyn Hyman, "DAYTON'S ROAD," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/erd01), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.