MARSHALL, TIMPSON AND SABINE PASS RAILWAY
MARSHALL, TIMPSON AND SABINE PASS RAILWAY. The Marshall, Timpson and Sabine Pass Railway Company was chartered on August 6, 1896. The railroad was planned to connect Timpson in Shelby County with Carthage in Panola County. The capital stock was $20,000, and the principal place of business was Timpson. The members of the first board of directors were L. F. Limbert of Greenville, Ohio; T. L. Garrison, B. F. Hurkster, C. E. Sanford, W. T. Avery, and Sol Burkett, all of Timpson; Roy Russell of Kokomo, Indiana; and J. T. Garrison of Nacogdoches. In 1898 the railroad completed twenty miles of track between Timpson and Carthage. On December 27, 1904, the company was purchased by the Texas and Gulf Railway Company.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nancy Beck Young, "MARSHALL, TIMPSON AND SABINE PASS RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqm02), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.