HOUSTON RAILWAY. The Houston Railway Company was chartered on September 26, 1892, to construct a local suburban railway from a connection with the Houston and Texas Central Railway Company one half mile west of the then corporate limits of the City of Houston to Houston Heights. The line was capitalized at $90,000 and the office was located in Houston Heights. Members of the first board of directors were O. M. Carter, D. D. Cooley, William Shannon, A. F. Morey, H. Scherffins, H. T. MacGregor, and C. A. McKinney. The three mile Houston Railway was sold to the Houston and Texas Central on July 31, 1902, and used by that company as an industrial track.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.George C. Werner, "HOUSTON RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqhtv), accessed May 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.