DENISON AND PACIFIC SUBURBAN RAILWAY
DENISON AND PACIFIC SUBURBAN RAILWAY. The Denison and Pacific Suburban Railway Company, a subsidiary of the Texas and Pacific Railway Company, was chartered on April 18, 1895. The capital was $100,000. Members of the first board of directors included Alexander W. Acheson, William H. Abrams,qqv R. C. Shearman, Paul Naples, L. S. Thorne, B. S. Matheu, and T. J. Freeman, all of Texas. Seven miles of track was laid, connecting Denison with the Transcontinental Division of the Texas and Pacific in Sherman. Operations began on January 15, 1896. The company's office was in Denison until 1911, when it was transferred to Dallas. The line primarily shipped grain and coal; in the 1920s passenger service was discontinued. Abandonment of the Denison and Pacific Suburban was completed in September 1966.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "DENISON AND PACIFIC SUBURBAN RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqd13), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.