DALLAS AND WACO RAILWAY
DALLAS AND WACO RAILWAY. The Dallas and Waco Railway Company was incorporated on December 22, 1886, when the Missouri, Kansas and Texas began building south from Dallas. By 1889 fifty-three miles of track had been built from Dallas to Milford, and the next year fourteen more miles had been added to extend the line to Hillsboro. There the road connected with another line of the MKT, which had been built from Fort Worth in 1882. The road was sold to the Missouri, Kansas and Texas on November 12, 1891, and consolidated with the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railway Company of Texas on November 18, 1891.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.S. G. Reed, "DALLAS AND WACO RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqd03), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.