TEXAS GAZETTE AND BRAZORIA COMMERCIAL ADVERTISER
TEXAS GAZETTE AND BRAZORIA COMMERCIAL ADVERTISER. The Texas Gazette and Brazoria Commercial Advertiser, a weekly newspaper, was published at Brazoria, probably between March and July 1832. Godwin Brown Cottenqv seems to have moved the press of his Texas Gazette from San Felipe to Brazoria and to have subsequently added the remainder of the name. Cotten was working for Daniel W. Anthony on the Constitutional Advocate and Brazoria Advertiser in 1833.
Eugene C. Barker, "Notes on Early Texas Newspapers," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 21 (October 1917). James A. Creighton, A Narrative History of Brazoria County (Angleton, Texas: Brazoria County Historical Commission, 1975). Mary Glasscock Frazier, Texas Newspapers during the Republic (March 2, 1836-February 19, 1846) (M. Journ. thesis, University of Texas, 1931). Marilyn M. Sibley, Lone Stars and State Gazettes: Texas Newspapers before the Civil War (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1983). John Melton Wallace, Gaceta to Gazette: A Checklist of Texas Newspapers, 1813–1846 (Austin: University of Texas Department of Journalism, 1966). WPA Historical Records Survey Program, Texas Newspapers (Houston: San Jacinto Museum of History Association, 1941).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TEXAS GAZETTE AND BRAZORIA COMMERCIAL ADVERTISER," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eet10), accessed August 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.