SAN ANTONIO ALAMO EXPRESS
SAN ANTONIO ALAMO EXPRESS. The San Antonio Alamo Express, a weekly Union newspaper, was first published in San Antonio by James P. Newcomb on August 18, 1860. The paper may have ceased in November of 1860. It was succeeded, beginning on February 4, 1861, by the Weekly Alamo Express, which was published in weekly and tri-weekly editions by Newcomb and Baccus. In May 1861 the press was destroyed by secession sympathizers and Newcomb fled to Mexico. The San Antonio Express took its name from the Alamo Express.
San Antonio Express, February 13, 1938. Marilyn M. Sibley, Lone Stars and State Gazettes: Texas Newspapers before the Civil War (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Frances Donecker, "SAN ANTONIO ALAMO EXPRESS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eesnz), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.