SAN SABA NEWS AND STAR
SAN SABA NEWS AND STAR. The San Saba News and Star was formed by the merger of the San Saba News, a weekly begun in 1873 by Melton and Millican, and the San Saba Star, a weekly started around 1902 by W. D. Cowan. Briefly known in 1966 as the San Saba News and San Saba Star, the paper was subsequently published by Howard A. Harrison and known by its present title. In the 1990s the paper was published by Donald Sloan, edited by Fred Taylor, and had a circulation of 2,596.
Texas Newspaper Directory (Austin: Texas Press Service, 1991).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "SAN SABA NEWS AND STAR," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ees23), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.