SAN ANTONIO STAATS-ZEITUNG
SAN ANTONIO STAATS-ZEITUNG. The San Antonio Staats-Zeitung, a weekly German-language newspaper, succeeded the San Antonio Zeitung in May 1856, when Gustav Schleicher purchased that paper and renamed it. The paper was edited by H. F. Oswald, his brother Theodor, and Gustav Schleicher in 1859 and Theodor R. Hertzberg and R. Finck in 1860. Publication ceased in 1861.
A weekly paper known as the Texas Staats-Zeitung was published from 1890 until some time after 1900 by the Texas Staats-Zeitung Publishing Company.
Marilyn M. Sibley, Lone Stars and State Gazettes: Texas Newspapers before the Civil War (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "SAN ANTONIO STAATS-ZEITUNG," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ees21), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.