SAN PEDRO VILLAGE
SAN PEDRO VILLAGE. San Pedro Village, a Nabedache settlement near San Pedro Creek in what later became Houston County, was probably visited by René Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, in 1686. It was the site of San Francisco de los Tejas Mission in 1690. According to Juan Agustín Morfi, writing in the 1780s, the town had eighty families.
Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959). Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Margery H. Krieger, "SAN PEDRO VILLAGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bps08), accessed April 21, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.