SAN ANTONIO DE PADUA PUEBLO
SAN ANTONIO DE PADUA PUEBLO. The name San Antonio de Padua was given by Father Damián Massanet in 1691 to an Indian village at the site of the later settlement of San Fernando de Béxar. In 1715 the name was applied to the pueblo also known as San Antonio de los Puliques at La Junta de los Ríos.
Carlos E. Castañeda, Our Catholic Heritage in Texas (7 vols., Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1936–58; rpt., New York: Arno, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."SAN ANTONIO DE PADUA PUEBLO," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bps02), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.