FLECHAZOS VILLAGE. Flechazos was the name given by Spanish explorers in the eighteenth century to the upper of two Tawakoni Indian settlements located on the west side of the Brazos River near what is now Waco (see WICHITA CONFEDERACY).
Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Margery H. Krieger, "FLECHAZOS VILLAGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bpf01), accessed August 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.