Moving Texas History Forward
Every year TSHA, with the support from donors and members like you, provides programs, educational services, publications, and resources that annually reach nearly 80,000 elementary, secondary, and college students and enhance the teaching techniques of over 18,000 educators per year. Last year alone, our online resources including The Handbook of Texas Online reached over 12 million people in more than 230 countries across the world.
TSHA relies on your support to continue to provide programs and resources such as:
- Educational resources, which must expand to meet demand. Texas History Day and the Texas Quiz Show see increased growth and popularity each year.
- Digitization of existing TSHA content. The TSHA seeks to digitize all 158 years of the Texas Almanac, to make it accessible across the globe.
- Special projects through the Handbook of Texas Online. Since the start of 2016, TSHA has launched The Handbook of African American Texas and unveiled the Handbook of Tejano History
Support from donors like you help TSHA to make major advancements like:
- Completely integrating the database of entries from our most utilized resources like The Handbook of Texas, The Texas Almanac, Southwestern Historical Quarterly, and more – and making them fully searchable in a single place on our website!
- Expanding our unrivaled resources for teachers – That means 475+ lesson plans, suggested readings, films, and more all gathered and integrated into a searchable resource for teachers.
These two projects represent a major endeavor that will take months to complete - but we expect the impact to be huge. Not only will all our resources be searchable in one place but each will include more multimedia and interactive resources.
As you can see, there is much to be done. With your help, we can do it.
Make your 100% tax-deductible gift today!
Every year TSHA, with the support from members like you, provides programs, educational services, publications, and resources that annually reach nearly 180,000 elementary, secondary, and college students and enhance the teaching techniques of over 18,000 educators per year. Last year alone, our online resources through The Handbook of Texas Online reached over 4.8 million people.