Revista Católica relocates to El Paso
On this day in 1918, Revista Católica, a Catholic newspaper and publishing house, relocated to new quarters at 1407 East Third Street in El Paso. Originally founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico, by Italian Jesuit Donato M. Gasparri, the newspaper operated in El Paso from 1918 to 1958. For many years Revista Católica was the sole Catholic weekly in Spanish in the western hemisphere. The press published a variety of religious materials that circulated throughout the American Southwest, Latin America, and widely overseas before it ceased operation in 1958.