REED'S BRANCH. Reed's Branch rises eight miles southeast of Cuero in eastern DeWitt County (at 29°03' N, 97°09' W) and runs southwest for five miles to its mouth on the Guadalupe River, two miles northwest of Thomaston (at 29°00' N, 97°11' W). Flat to rolling terrain in the area is surfaced by highly permeable soil that supports water-tolerant hardwoods, brush, and grasses. The stream was named for Dan Reed, who in 1865 purchased land bounded on the north by the creek.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."REED'S BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbr33), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.