HALLVILLE MASONIC INSTITUTE
HALLVILLE MASONIC INSTITUTE. Hallville Masonic Institute, chartered on May 17, 1873, was located at what is now Hallsville, Harrison County. The original board of trustees included W. P. Jose, W. A. Smith, R. A. Hatley, W. R. Bolding, and B. D. Whitehorn. The school occupied a two-story building that burned on March 28, 1878, and was rebuilt to serve as Hallsville's only school until 1914. The site received a Texas historical marker in 1988.
Galveston News, March 29, 1878. Hans Peter Nielsen Gammel, comp., Laws of Texas, 1822–1897 (10 vols., Austin: Gammel, 1898).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HALLVILLE MASONIC INSTITUTE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbh01), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.