BRIGHT STAR EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY
BRIGHT STAR EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY. The Bright Star Educational Society was chartered on February 14, 1860, to promote a nondenominational, coeducational school to be located in Hopkins County. Apparently the outbreak of the Civil War interfered with building plans, and the school did not open. A community called Bright Star existed for some time in Hopkins County, and between 1854 and 1871 a post office operated under that name. Nothing else, however, is known about the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BRIGHT STAR EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kab01), accessed February 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.