BOYD RANCH, TX
BOYD RANCH, TEXAS. Boyd Ranch was a dispersed rural community of black farmers about two miles south of Cheapside, Gonzales County, and fourteen or fifteen miles north of Cuero in north central DeWitt County. Its residents worked as sharecroppers on a large ranch belonging to a Mr. Boyd. During the 1920s the community had a school but no church. Residents attended Mount Enon Baptist Church in Dement, four miles north of Cheapside in Gonzales County. The community had a cemetery close to the Guadalupe River. Boyd Ranch was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "BOYD RANCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hxblk), accessed March 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.