WALLING BEND, TX
WALLING BEND, TEXAS. Walling Bend was at the junction of King Creek and the Brazos River in Bosque County. Lake Whitney has covered the site since 1951–52. Walling Bend was named after the families of John and Jesse Walling, who moved to the Brazos River valley in the late 1850s or early 1860s.
William C. Pool, Bosque Territory (Kyle, Texas: Chaparral, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "WALLING BEND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw79), accessed February 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.