SAND HILL, TX (BURLESON COUNTY)
SAND HILL, TEXAS (Burleson County). Sand Hill is a farming community east of Yegua Creek and twelve miles west of Caldwell in extreme western Burleson County. Anglo-American settlement in the low hills between Pin Oak Branch and Hills Branch began in the late 1830s. The date of the town's founding is uncertain; no post office was ever established, and the community appears to have remained a small agricultural settlement. About 1890 it was bypassed by the Giddings-Cameron spur of the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway. Since the mid-1900s there has been no organized township, only a scattered collection of farm dwellings. In the 1950s the Black Jack Church was located on Pin Oak Branch east of the former townsite.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles Christopher Jackson, "SAND HILL, TX (BURLESON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs28), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.