ROBBINSVILLE, TEXAS. Robbinsville was 2½ miles south of Bagwell in western Red River County. It was settled in the 1840s and named for John Robbins, an early settler and the original grantee of the land on which the community was built. A post office was granted in 1856 but was moved in 1876 to Bagwell, which had been established on the railroad. Robbinsville continued to serve as a gathering place for area farmers for several years. In 1882 the village had one store, a church, and a school. By 1931, however, the settlement had disappeared.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "ROBBINSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr52), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.