RED RIVER, TX (HARDEMAN COUNTY)
RED RIVER, TEXAS (Hardeman County). Red River was on the south bank of the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River near present State Highway 6 and the Fort Worth and Denver Railway eight miles north of Quanah in northern Hardeman County. It was on the site of a ranch owned by A. J. Norton, a prominent rancher from Quanah. An early county school in the community was consolidated with four other regional schools to form the Williams High district in 1927. County maps of the 1980s give no indication of Red River.
Bill Neal, The Last Frontier: The Story of Hardeman County (Quanah, Texas: Quanah Tribune-Chief, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "RED RIVER, TX (HARDEMAN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr26), accessed February 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.