CAMP ALLISON, TX
CAMP ALLISON, TEXAS. Camp Allison, on the North Llano River in southeastern Sutton County, was named for George S. Allison, who began grazing cattle on the free range of the area in 1885 and later bought land from which he contributed a free campsite and public park. The one-store supply point was granted a post office in 1927. In 1933 its population was estimated at twenty-five. That number remained steady until 1949, when the Texas Almanac deleted Camp Allison from its list of towns. The community's post office seems to have closed during the 1940s as well.
Sutton County Historical Society, Sutton County (Sonora, Texas, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CAMP ALLISON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc17), accessed March 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.