TATE SPRINGS, TX
TATE SPRINGS, TEXAS. Tate Springs was a small crossroads community a few miles east of Fort Worth in southeastern Tarrant County. In 1870 E. C. Tate, a Confederate veteran, left his war-torn home in Gordon County, Georgia, and moved to Texas, leading a wagontrain of related families. He settled in southern Tarrant County between Village and Rush creeks, and the resulting community took his name. In 1882 the Joplin School and a Baptist church were established to serve the community. A 1948 map shows Tate Springs as a few scattered dwellings, and in 1952 it was described as a church and crossroads community. By 1991 it was within the city limits of Arlington. The Baptist church still met in 1990, and at that time the Tate cemetery was well maintained.