ROHDE, TEXAS. Rohde was on Ranch Road 791 south of Borrego Creek and eight miles northeast of Campbellton in southeastern Atascosa County. The town had a post office from 1911 to 1915 and was named for the Rohde family, who lived nearby and who sometime before 1924 contributed land for the Rohde School. In 1934 the school had thirty-nine students and one teacher, and by 1936 Rohde consisted of the school, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. Its school was consolidated with those of Campbellton in the late 1930s. By 1964 the community was no longer recorded on highway maps. In 1987 the cemetery marked the site.
Atascosa County History (Pleasanton, Texas: Atascosa History Committee, 1984). Margaret G. Clover, The Place Names of Atascosa County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1952).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Linda Peterson, "ROHDE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr68), accessed March 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.