LAMESA, TX (SCHLEICHER COUNTY)
LAMESA, TEXAS (Schleicher County). Lamesa was seventeen miles west of Eldorado in western Schleicher County. A post office operated there for a year, starting in October 1900, with Cora L. Stone as postmistress. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps in the 1940s.
Schleicher County Historical Society, A History of Schleicher County (San Angelo: Anchor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LAMESA, TX (SCHLEICHER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlsw), accessed February 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.