LAW, TEXAS. Law is at the intersection of Farm Road 50 and the Southern Pacific line, eleven miles west of Bryan in far western Brazos County. It was probably founded as a station on the Hearne and Brazos Valley Railway in the 1890s. In 1940 the community had several businesses and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1988 a number of scattered dwellings remained there.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "LAW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl17), accessed March 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.