KICASTER, TEXAS. Kicaster is on Farm Road 3432 twelve miles northwest of Floresville in northwestern Wilson County. The community was founded after the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1896, when it had an enrollment of forty-nine. In the mid-1930s Kicaster had a school and a number of houses; several stores were located nearby. After World War II the school was closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered dwellings remained. The population was 100 in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "KICASTER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrkzj), accessed March 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.