HARTS BLUFF, TX
HARTS BLUFF, TEXAS. Harts Bluff (Hartsbluff), on the Sulphur River in southern Red River County, was named for the Hart family, who traveled from Kentucky to the area before 1850. The community's post office, operated by Nannie L. Terry, opened in 1903 and was discontinued in 1904. In 1984 Harts Bluff had a few widely scattered houses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "HARTS BLUFF, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh16), accessed March 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.