FINCH, TEXAS. Finch, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 fourteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of thirty-six. At its height in the mid-1930s Finch had four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Many residents moved away after World War II, and by the mid-1960s only a school, two churches, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Finch was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FINCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrftp), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.