EL TORO, TX
EL TORO, TEXAS. El Toro, at the junction of U. S. Highway 59 and Farm Road 234, four miles east of Edna in Jackson County, had a post office from 1899 to 1900. In 1948 the town had four businesses, and there were thirteen farms in the immediate area. By 1986 the community, located next to the Miller gas field and the Southern Pacific tracks, had a grain elevator and one other business. By the late 1980s El Toro consisted of a smattering of widely dispersed dwellings.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "EL TORO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre44), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.