ELM FLAT, TX
ELM FLAT, TEXAS. Elm Flat, on Farm Road 633 some nine miles southeast of Corsicana in southeastern Navarro County, first formed in the late 1870s. By 1906 it had two schools, one with forty white students and the other with fifty-three black students. At its height during the early 1930s, Elm Flat had a number of houses, several stores, two churches, a school, and a cemetery. In the mid-1960s the community had several houses, a district school, and a church. Elm Flat was a dispersed rural community in the early 1990s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ELM FLAT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre19), accessed March 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.