EDHUBE, TEXAS. Edhube is near Farm Road 1629 seven miles south of Bonham in central Fannin County. It was originally called Bentonville, for Edmond Hugh Benton, a Confederate veteran who arrived in the area in 1867. Later the name was changed because a homonymous post office already existed; the name Edhube is concocted from Benton's names. Settlement of the community apparently occurred during the middle to late 1880s. Between 1894 and 1906 a post office served the forty residents of Edhube. In the 1990s Edhube remained a community center for area farmers. It had a reported twenty-five residents in 1990 and again in 2000.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977). Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "EDHUBE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre09), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.