CAMPBELL, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
CAMPBELL, TEXAS (Navarro County). Campbell, on Farm Road 744 near Rush Creek ten miles west of Corsicana in central Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with the Corsicana schools, and in the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered farmhouses remained. In 1990 Campbell was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CAMPBELL, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcvn), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.