WHITE ROCK, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
WHITE ROCK, TEXAS (Red River County). White Rock, at the junction of Farm roads 1158 and 1699, eight miles northeast of Clarksville in northern Red River County, was settled as early as 1823, when John Stiles crossed the Red River to settle at a spot identified by a white rock. The population was twenty-five in 1910. From 1940 through 1986 the estimated population was reported as forty. In 1990 it was eighty-five. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "WHITE ROCK, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw41), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.