SEDALIA, TEXAS. Sedalia, originally called Yakima, is near the Grayson county line two miles northwest of Westminster in far northeast Collin County. Sedalia has served as a trade center for area farmers. A post office was established on January 15, 1889. In 1896 the population was estimated at 100. The town then had two churches, two general stores, a gristmill, and a cotton gin. In 1903 mail service was discontinued and routed through nearby Van Alstyne in Grayson County. Since 1940 the population of Sedalia has been estimated at twenty to twenty-five. In 1990 it was twenty-five. The population remained unchanged in 2000.
Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975). J. Lee and Lillian J. Stambaugh, A History of Collin County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "SEDALIA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns29), accessed March 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.